Friday 28 December 2012

YAP & YARN

The knitted neck warmer! My first go at knitting for many a long year. It has lacy bits and a scalloped edge and involved some nifty moves with needles and yarn:one row of plain; then knit two together four times; yarn forward, knit one four times; one row of purl; another of plain ... 

This is me warming up for the new groups about to start in Kirkwall and Stromness Libraries in the New Year. My first effort is not quite flawless but I'm betting the Yap & Yarn groups will sort me out.


They start on: 

Monday 7 January
5.00 - 7.00 pm
Stromness Library

And on:

Monday 14 January
5.00 - 7.00 pm
Kirkwall Library

And will run on alternate Mondays in each library.


If you look closely at my work you will see that the holes don't quite line up and the wavy bits are as uneven as the ribbed sea sand. But it was fun to do and I'm looking forward to learning from Karen and Heather and Kaja how to put right my mistakes when the groups start. 

The groups are for anyone from complete beginners to more experienced knitters. And for people like me who knitted a little bit a long time ago, but never quite got through a whole project to produce a finished article!

Come to either group or both, bring your knitting and have a cuppa. There will be some needles and yarn there for folk who have never knitted before, but if you can bring your own, all the better.


See you there!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your stories about reading; share your experiences of Orkney Libraries; let me know your favourite books and tell me why you like them.